Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) reserves the right to make changes to this site and the disclaimers, terms, and conditions at any time.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully, and should you have any questions please direct them to:
All content included on this web site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, and software, is the property of Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) or its content suppliers and is protected by South African and international copyright laws and treaties. Furthermore, the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this web site is the exclusive property of Austrian Business Chamber (ABC).
Without derogating from the above, Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) authorises you to view, copy, download to a local drive, print and distribute the content of this web site, or parts thereof, provided that:
- Such content is used for information purposes only;
- Such content is used for non-commercial purposes; and
- Any reproduction of material from this web site or portion thereof must include this notice in its entirety.
You are expressly prohibited from incorporating any of the material from this web site in any other work, publication or web site of your own or belonging to another.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and other proprietary names and identifiers which are owned by Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) and displayed on this web site, may not be used in connection with any product or service that does not belong to Austrian Business Chamber (ABC). Furthermore, nothing contained on this web site should be construed as granting a license or right to use any of the trade marks without the express, written permission of Austrian Business Chamber (ABC).
Access and Availability of Service and Links
Austrian Business Chamber (ABC)’ web site may contain links to other related Internet web sites. No inference can be made, or representation implied, that Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) is affiliated to, operates or controls these linked websites. The linked websites are for the user’s convenience only and user access thereto is at the user’s own risk. When visiting linked websites the user must refer to that linked site’s individual terms and conditions of use and cannot rely on the terms and conditions contained herein.
Boards, Comments and Forums
Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor and review submissions submitted by users to Boards, Comments and Forums. Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) shall not be responsible for the content of these messages, and reserves the right to delete or edit submissions that it deems to be abusive, defamatory, obscene or in violation of any Copyright or Trademark laws, or otherwise objectionable.
Notwithstanding the above, all submissions to the Bulletin Boards and Forums will become the exclusive property of Austrian Business Chamber (ABC).
Use of the Bulletin Boards and Forums are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The user will not use any of the Forums, Comments or Boards for illegal purposes.
- The user will not us the Forums, Comments or Boards for the purposes of “spamming”.
- The user will not restrict or inhibit any other user/s from using and enjoying the Forums, Comments or Boards in any manner.
- The user will not use threatening, inciting, inflammatory, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, profane, pornographic material in any of the Forums, Comments or Boards.
- The user will not violate the Copyright, Trademark or any other Intellectual property right of any other person by the submission of content to Austrian Business Chamber (ABC)’ web site.
- The user warrants that he/she is the rightful owner of content submitted to, or transmitted through, the Austrian Business Chamber (ABC)’ web site, or that the user has obtained permission from the rightful owner/s to submit or transmit such content.
- The user will not submit or transmit content on or through Austrian Business Chamber (ABC)’ web site that contains viruses or other harmful material.
- The user will not submit or transmit, content intended for commercial purposes or containing marketing or promotional materials or content intended to solicit donations, on or through the Austrian Business Chamber (ABC)’ web site.
Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) reserves the right to pull down any content that is transmitted in violation of all the provisions listed above.
The information, services, products and materials published on this web site, including without limitation, text, graphics and links are provided on an “as is” basis. Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this web site or the information, contents, materials, or products included on this site. Without limiting the generality of the aforegoing. Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) does not warrant that:
- That this web site will be error free,
- This website will meet any particular criteria of accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, performance or quality; and
Whilst Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) has taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of this web site and its contents, no warranty, whether express or implied, is given that any files, downloads or applications available via this web site are free of viruses, trojans, bombs, time-locks or any other date or code which has the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of your system
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) and its suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this web site. Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages resulting from the inability to use this web site, the operational failure of this web site, or for any information, products, and services obtained through this web site, or otherwise arising out of the use of this web site, whether based on contract, delict, strict liability or otherwise, even if Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) and/or any of its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa without giving effect to the principles of conflicts of laws. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South Gauteng High Court of the Republic of South Africa in respect of any disputes arising in connection with this web site.
This web site could include technical, typographical or other inaccuracies and you are urged to contact Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) to confirm all information contained on this web site prior to placing reliance thereon. Changes are periodically made to the information herein and these changes will be incorporated in new editions of this web site.
Violation and Waiver
Should you violate these Terms and Conditions or any other rights of Austrian Business Chamber (ABC), Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) reserves the right to pursue any and all legal and equitable remedies against you. If Austrian Business Chamber (ABC) should fail to enforce any right or provision in these Terms and Conditions, you agree that this failure does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision or of any other rights or provisions in these Terms and Conditions.
If a court should find that one or more rights or provisions set forth in these Terms and Conditions are invalid, you agree that the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable and that, to the extent permitted by law, the court shall give effect to the parties’ intentions, as reflected in any such right or provision that has been declared invalid or unenforceable.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
Provide us with feedback on our products or services
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- We do make use of a SSL certificate
- We only provide articles and information. We never ask for personal or private information like names, email addresses, or credit card numbers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
However, you will still be able to place orders .
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By logging in to your account
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.