The Vienna Energy Forum 2017 (VEF 2017) will bring together over 1600 participants, including heads of State, ministers, energy experts, representatives of international and non-governmental organizations, academia, civil society and the private sector.
Key questions to be addressed at the VEF 2017:
- What is the role of energy in three SDGs that are critical to developing countries in the fight against poverty – food security, water, and health?
- What are the main drivers of drivers of sustainable urbanization across key sectors such as water and infrastructure ?
- What are the potential opportunities and challenges of innovative technologies in achieving the transformation required to implement the SDGs and the climate agenda.
- What are the areas of greatest potential in energy efficiency, and what can be done to accelerate action and investment in energy efficiency, the ‘hidden fuel’ that has some of the most promising prospects to advance the goals of climate security and sustainable growth?
- Which successful business models and the approaches can be used to unlock finance from available sources and to support sustainable energy investments and implementation?
- How existing enabling frameworks can be adapted or enhanced to promote and sustain innovative technologies, business models and financing mechanisms for energy investments?
- What is needed to make energy systems more resilient and adaptive to change, while ensuring that the transition towards clean energy remains affordable, particularly for low-income populations?
- Opportunity for investors to access investment-ready projects from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe including renewable energy, energy access, energy efficiency, and climate change projects.
- Selection by a jury of eminent clean energy and climate experts and investors of the best business plans for the PFAN Global Clean Energy and Climate Investment Awards.
- Projects have been selected for their commercial viability, social and environmental benefits and have all received intensive coaching from PFAN professional advisors.
- Launch of PFAN under new UNIDO / REEEP hosting: PFAN will formally unveil its new governance and hosting structure and announce its plans for scaling its operations and accessing wholesale capital markets.
- Networking opportunity for investors, project developers, energy and climate financing consultants, as well as development partners in the clean energy, low carbon and climate spaces.
Dates: 9 May to 12 May
Venue: Hofburg Imperial Palace, Vienna
Source: Vienna Energy Forum
Register for VEF 2017